Thanks as always to our awesome customers, for making us the leading e-discovery solution in New Zealand. We’ve got loads of new features coming up in the next few months, including new tools for handling duplicates, analytics functions, and the new electronic casebook module. In the meantime, here are highlights of the latest update.
- “Look-through” folders: the ability to browse folders on a “look-through” basis. This shows documents in the selected folder as well as those in any subfolders. This is useful if you want to browse documents in a tree of folders without having to click through into each subfolder.
- Ability to specify a type of confidentiality when setting a document as confidential (e.g. commercial sensitivity, personal information).
- Automatic & domain detection for some MS Exchange-style (X.500) addresses on native emails.
- Automatic detection and removal of blank image attachments on native emails, such as “spacer” images.
- Automatic detection and removal of some system properties attachment from PDFs (such as added by Acrobat Distiller).
- Added category for browsing privileged documents across all repositories.
- Ability to use custom fields in automatic index templates for electronic casebooks.
- Improved performance when adding large numbers of documents to the tray.
- Improved performance when looking up documents by production number or filename.
- Better handling of non-standard and corrupted attachments when attempting to extract attachments from a PDF.
- Better parsing of non-standard email addresses on native emails.
- Better handling of surplus/redundant barcode separator pages for bulk-scanned PDFs.
- Ability to create PDF versions of some non-standard Outlook appointment requests with email body text.
- Improved performance for hiding empty subfolders.
- Performance improvements to email archive (PST/MBOX) extraction.
- Improved layout of long email addresses when linking email addresses to parties.
- Better validation of the end date of a date range on the discovery tab.