LawFlow handles ‘native’ electronic documents (e.g. original Word document, emails, etc) and also PDF scans of physical documents.
LawFlow can automatically read and convert most common “Office” document file types, including:
- Word processing documents:
- Microsoft Word 97 to 2016 (.doc, .docx, etc)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- WordPerfect (.wpd)
- OpenOffice / LibreOffice (.odt)
- Plain text
- Microsoft Excel 97 to 2016 (.xls, .xlsx)
- OpenOffice / LibreOffice (.ods)
- CSV files
- Microsoft Powerpoint 97 to 2016 (.ppt, .pptx)
- OpenOffice / LibreOffice (.odp)
- Outlook emails (.msg)
- Outlook archives (.pst)
- Standard emails (.eml)
- Standard MBOX archives (e.g. exported GMail archives)
- Lotus Notes files can also be handled on request
LawFlow also supports:
- PDFs (the standard format for scanned paper documents), including “PDF Portfolios” (compilations of PDFs);
- Standard image formats (.jpg, .png, .tiff, .bmp);
- HTML documents;
- Zip files (zip files are automatically extracted);
- Visio diagrams (.vsd, .vsdx);
- Microsoft Project plans (.mpp);
- AutoCAD drawings (.dxf) – note: support for AutoCAD files is limited to the 2010 file format only, and AutoCAD files may not convert correctly due to the nature and complexity of the files. It is recommended that AutoCAD drawings be converted to PDF by the original application that create the files;
- VCF “vCard” files.
Other file types can be uploaded, although LawFlow may not be able to recognise or extract information from them.
While LawFlow is intended to support a range of common file types, files that are corrupted, non-standard or encrypted may not be able to be read properly, or at all.