Happy New Year! We’ve been busy adding updates of the summer break, and have a great set of further updates in the works. Highlights of this update include:
- Auto-split scanned documents using a scan separator page (a page containing a QR code that LawFlow recognises and uses to automatically split the PDF). This provides a new option for bulk-loading scanned documents into the system, together with the existing method of splitting using an Excel spreadsheet.
- Date range support. Previously, documents could be given only a single date (either specific or “partial”). The discovery tab now allows you to enter a date range where applicable, and then use the date range in date-based searches.
- PDF cropping tool, for trimming excess white-space from PDF page(s)
- Performance improvements with large projects.
- Numerous improvements to electronic casebook module.
- More options for inserting electronic casebook hyperlinks.
- More options for stamping list documents.
- Split PDF tool now handles PDFs with “PDF/A” encoding.
This update includes a number of customer-requested features and improvements. Thank you to our great users for your suggestions and feedback, and ongoing support!
- Specific function for hiding non-discoverable documents.
- Ability to import and store external document IDs (i.e. where a document has been exported from another system, and you wish to retain the previous system’s assigned ID).
- Zoom large images by double-click.
- Ability to cross-reference list numbers/pages between two lists.
- Page borders for list documents.
- Option to search non-redacted documents.
- Two-factor SMS authentication option.
- Updated PDF viewer, with better performance and ‘find in document’ function.
- Link email address to author/recipient shows auto-suggest names.
- Documents page returns to current category upon refresh.
- Browse documents in list context.
- Option to include additional columns in Excel version of a custom list (i.e. same as available for discovery lists).
- Improved searching of email addresses and domain names.
- Option to disable whether a tag is shown as a ‘badge’ when browsing documents.
- Option to specify alternative badge text for tags.
- Separate fields for actual date and custom date in Excel reports (useful when both fields are being used).
- Improved creation of PDF hyperlinks to work on Mac OS systems (avoiding invalid characters).
- Better detection of imported production numbers.
This update has focused on improving performance. We’ve made a number of performance improvements to how email threads, possible threads and similar documents are queried and displayed, resulting in a more responsive user experience, particularly with large volumes of documents (100,000+).
We’ve also significantly boosted performance for importing documents, in particular large email archives (PST and MBOX files), and processing large complex Excel spreadsheets.
Other changes include:
- Smarter detection of deemed duplicates in email threads and possible/detected email threads;
- More accurate scoring of similar documents (i.e. the ‘score’ that indicates the similarity of two documents);
- Added an option to allow documents to be exported named by their production numbers (instead of internal ID);
- Added an option to allow documents to be exported within subfolders mirroring those in the project.