It’s been a long time since our last update! In the past year we have been focusing our efforts on two main areas:
- Electronic Casebook module. This tool is specifically designed to create hyperlinked, paginated electronic casebooks (and print versions) in accordance with the Senior Courts Civil Electronic Document Protocol. It has been in production testing with various firms since early 2022, and has successfully produced dozens of casebooks. We are now rolling out this feature to all customers – another announcement will follow soon!
- Performance. As projects continue to grow in size, and new features and options for managing them are added, we have worked hard on optimising performance. In particular, for very large projects (with 1 million+ documents) we have made significant improvements in both user experience and back-end processing. We are also moving to bigger and faster servers to handle the ongoing increases in user numbers and project storage.
Here’s a quick summary of some of the changes since our last update.
- Integration of the Electronic Casebook module. This lets you directly copy documents from your discovery project into your casebook project, and keep track of which discovery documents have been nominated.
- Restricted user access: the ability to restrict the documents that specific users can see – by repository, folder or virtual folder.
- Administrator-only repositories: to restrict access to certain repositories to administrators only.
- Ability to download a marked-up “diff” when comparing documents in the “compare documents” tool.
- Support for WEBM video files.
- Search criteria for confidential categories.
- Numerous improvement performances, including major improvements for very large projects (1m+ documents).
- Smarter detection of inline images in emails, resulting in fewer “junk” image attachments being extracted.
- Easier selection of parties in search tool.
- Better handling of huge text/CSV files.
- Improved display of pre-formatted plain text files.
- PDF documents with closed popup annotations are now flagged as having hidden text.
- A previously-unsupported PDF annotation type is now included in text extraction.
- Improved search-hit highlighting of non-standard characters.
- Improved search-hit highlighting for wordlist results.
- Improved handling of invalid EXIF data in image files.
- Improved detection of different kinds of Outlook meeting notifications.
- Fixed rare pane resizing bug.
In response to increased demand, we have also expanded our training capacity. We are frequently running training sessions for firms around the country. We provide free training for our customers, so if you would like to arrange a session for your firm please contact us.
Thank you as always to our valued customers for your support and feedback.