It’s been a very busy few months! Thanks to our users for providing such great feedback. This update includes a lot of performance improvements, which are particularly noticeable on larger projects (100k+ documents). We have a number of major features currently in the pipeline which we’ll roll out over the coming months, and post about here.
- Viewing documents on lists now shows a live-rendered stamped version of the document by default.
- Very large PDFs now show a “click-through” page before starting to display.
- Auto-detection of Office 2007 Excel & Word files saved with a generic XML filename.
- Support for Microsoft OneNote “.one” files.
- Support for EPUB e-book files.
- Automatic extraction of embedded file attachments in Excel and Word documents (previously, these were only visually displayed as they are in Word and Excel).
- Workflow view for tags.
- Improved handling of invalid/corrupt/non-renderable Office documents.
- Improved handling of zip files containing non-standard filenames and inconsistent cases of internal paths.
- Improved performance of the project home page.
- Improved performance of the discovery workflow category.
- Improved performance of the allocated documents category.
- Some PDFs created with the redaction tool were not displaying correctly in Acrobat Reader, due to invalid image data in the original PDF. The redaction tool now attempts to workaround any invalid image data, which resolves the issue in most cases.
- Improved performance of unlinking email addresses from parties that have a large number of auto-linked documents.
- Improved handling of invalid/corrupt inline images in emails.
- Improved performance of mapping file (loadfile) processing.
- The bundle filename of list documents is now included in general list reports.
- Improved algorithm for auto-detecting non-native emails.
- Improved algorithm for auto-detecting dates in non-native emails.
- Improved performance of document processing & conversion after documents are imported.
- Improved performance when browsing tags by repository, and key docs by repository.
- Mapping files now exclude hidden/filtered rows from processing.
- Numerous general performance improvements.
Happy New Year! We’ve been busy adding updates of the summer break, and have a great set of further updates in the works. Highlights of this update include:
- Auto-split scanned documents using a scan separator page (a page containing a QR code that LawFlow recognises and uses to automatically split the PDF). This provides a new option for bulk-loading scanned documents into the system, together with the existing method of splitting using an Excel spreadsheet.
- Date range support. Previously, documents could be given only a single date (either specific or “partial”). The discovery tab now allows you to enter a date range where applicable, and then use the date range in date-based searches.
- PDF cropping tool, for trimming excess white-space from PDF page(s)
- Performance improvements with large projects.
- Numerous improvements to electronic casebook module.
- More options for inserting electronic casebook hyperlinks.
- More options for stamping list documents.
- Split PDF tool now handles PDFs with “PDF/A” encoding.
This update includes a number of customer-requested features and improvements. Thank you to our great users for your suggestions and feedback, and ongoing support!
- Specific function for hiding non-discoverable documents.
- Ability to import and store external document IDs (i.e. where a document has been exported from another system, and you wish to retain the previous system’s assigned ID).
- Zoom large images by double-click.
- Ability to cross-reference list numbers/pages between two lists.
- Page borders for list documents.
- Option to search non-redacted documents.
- Two-factor SMS authentication option.
- Updated PDF viewer, with better performance and ‘find in document’ function.
- Link email address to author/recipient shows auto-suggest names.
- Documents page returns to current category upon refresh.
- Browse documents in list context.
- Option to include additional columns in Excel version of a custom list (i.e. same as available for discovery lists).
- Improved searching of email addresses and domain names.
- Option to disable whether a tag is shown as a ‘badge’ when browsing documents.
- Option to specify alternative badge text for tags.
- Separate fields for actual date and custom date in Excel reports (useful when both fields are being used).
- Improved creation of PDF hyperlinks to work on Mac OS systems (avoiding invalid characters).
- Better detection of imported production numbers.
This update has focused on improving performance. We’ve made a number of performance improvements to how email threads, possible threads and similar documents are queried and displayed, resulting in a more responsive user experience, particularly with large volumes of documents (100,000+).
We’ve also significantly boosted performance for importing documents, in particular large email archives (PST and MBOX files), and processing large complex Excel spreadsheets.
Other changes include:
- Smarter detection of deemed duplicates in email threads and possible/detected email threads;
- More accurate scoring of similar documents (i.e. the ‘score’ that indicates the similarity of two documents);
- Added an option to allow documents to be exported named by their production numbers (instead of internal ID);
- Added an option to allow documents to be exported within subfolders mirroring those in the project.